Lane County Real Estate
Lane County is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream, with the breathtaking Oregon Coast on the west side, the snow-capped Cascade Mountains bordering the east, and the lush Willamette Valley in center along with the McKenzie and Willamette Rivers. It’s the fourth most populous county in Oregon, with around 360,000 residents calling it home.
Lane County is home to a number of unique attractions, including:
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area: The largest area of coastal sand dunes in the country, with some dunes towering to an impressive 500 feet above sea level, making it a popular area for activities like sandboarding and horseback riding.
- Heceta Head Lighthouse: It’s said that this lighthouse which sits between Yachats and Florence is the most photographed lighthouse in North America. It was built in 1892 – 1893, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sea Lion Caves: The largest sea cave in the world sits on Lane County’s coastline, and reaches as tall as a 12 story building and stretches the length of a football field. On average, about 200 wild Stellar sea lions call this 25 million year old cave home.
- Oakridge: Known as “The Mountain Bike Capital of the Northwest”, this small town at the foothills of the Cascades offers some of the most incredible singletrack trails that wind through Willamette National Forest
- Wineries and vineyards: The Southern Willamette Valley is home to numerous award-winning wineries and vineyards, and Oregon is especially known for its Pinot noir.
- Historic covered bridges: With 20 covered bridges scattered throughout the county (and 17 on the National Register of Historic Places), Lane County has more covered bridges than any other county west of the Mississippi.
We felt confident throughout the process because of Darrel’s advocacy. Thank you!
Bill is one of the premier real estate professionals in the Eugene / Springfield area. We would highly recommend him to anyone in need of exceptional real estate representation.
Working with R&R Properties and Bill Nelson has been a great experience. Bill and his team have always gone out of their way to be responsive and available to my wife and I whenever we’ve had questions or needed assistance, which to me are cornerstones for providing premier client service. Bill and his team have always treated us with the utmost respect, and Bill is extremely dedicated to making sure that he has gotten everything right for us, regardless of how much time and effort he has had to…
Our purchase was TRICKY (VA loan and out-of-town lender), but Bill helped us with every hurdle and fought for us. We couldn’t be more satisfied.
Never met a better realtor!
Vincent and Ellie Tami worked with my wife and I to find the perfect new home for us. They are attentive and worked diligently to make sure they found the perfect fit for us. We will definitely recommend all our friends to work with them when the time comes. Thank you Vincent and Ellie!!
Bill was warm and professional. He clearly enjoys his work and goes the (several) extra miles to make it easy for his clients. We truly enjoyed his company and think of him as a new friend.
Bill spent over two years helping my wife and I find the perfect home for our family. He showed us listing after listing when most would have given up. I recommend R&R to everybody I know. Thank you for all your hard work.
Very personable – really works for her clients!
Tyler has great human kindness skills, honesty, kind and does what he says he will. He reminds us of our son.